I’m a traffic cop in the streets and 100% Egyptian cotton in the sheets.
toliveagainnow asked: How much truth do you see in the adage of comedy is pain?
To simply equate comedy to pain is to assume that comedic relief is the only from available for those who suffer/deal with this condition known as life.
Comedy is a form of release for those who choose to deal with the repercussions of daily trials and is only one way of not letting the monotony of the struggle get you down.
I’m not even what you would call a comedian, I simply like turning the things that could easily break me into things I can laugh about because laughter for me is the way I choose to survive- for lack of a better word.
Some people paint, some people write but lace it in a darker tone, some people dance, some people act, some people self harm, some choose a drug of choice, some take their internal battle out on others, some cope with music and some never truly find a way to meander through and take life in the harshest way possible, by ending it.
For me personally comedy doesn’t define pain, it’s an outcome and one small way of turning things that could easily break me into things that I and occasionally others, can laugh about.
Because for me laughter has always been the best medicine.
Well laughter and vodka.
the worst way for friendships to end is for literally nothing to go wrong, you just stop talking. they stop messaging you to see how youre doing and you get sick of being the first one to initiate conversation so you just let the friendship go and wonder how that person is doing and never hear from them again
I lost 9 inches!
(I just deleted my ex).
And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
When sooner or later it’s over
I just don’t wanna miss you tonight
And I don’t want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything’s made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am
—How Long Will I Love You
How long will I love you?
As long as stars are above you
And longer, if I can.
How long will I need you?
As long as the seasons need to
Follow their plan.
How long will I be with you?
As long as the sea is bound to
Wash upon the sand.
How long will I want you?
As long as you want me to
And longer by far.
How long will I hold you?
As long as your father told you,
As long as you can.
How long will I give to you?
As long as I live through you
However long you say.
How long will I love you?
As long as stars are above you
And longer, if I may.
- I found my iPod in my car that doubles as a landfill. Go me.
- Some people will never be happy. No matter how many dudes, no matter how many selfies, no matter how many stars, no matter how many dollars. I’m so glad I’m not one of those people.
- Related: when you post about things that make you happy on Instagram, everyone evacuates faster than a movie theater with Pee Wee Herman as an occupant.
- If you love something, set it free. If it comes back to you, it couldn’t find validation anywhere else.
- I got a hair cut today and she said I had so much unruly hair she might have to charge me extra. My Brazilian next week is going to bankrupt me.
- I want just the tips dyed but I spent years getting just the tip and now look at my life.
- I’m eagerly awaiting the finale of True Detective because unlike an Encyclopedia Brown case, I can’t just turn to the back of the book to solve it.
- Isn’t R. Kelly the original Yellow King?
- I might be so busy doing nothing with my life tomorrow that I’ll do another make-up. Maybe a cross between Little Mermaid and What’s Eating Gilbert Grape. (My dad can’t handle me and I’m fat).
- Tomorrow I have to go on a field trip to the grocery store with Charity’s class so they can learn about how important pesticide and processed foods are to our health. I think it’s sponsored by Monsanto.
- I’m so glad tomorrow is Friday. I haven’t had a day off since today and every single day for the past 13 years.
- I’m going to channel my inner Adele Dazeem and Lert it Graw.
I find myself the sexiest when I’m not dressed up or wearing makeup.
When I’m making dumb faces with my hair in a side pony tail after a day of helping my kids with their homework and doing housework after pushing my body to it’s limits and spending time with friends laughing over an inside joke while we eat fajitas or make a rotisserie chicken or a fruit platter.
I’m sexy when I’m true to myself and to those around me. When I’m not being hurtful or deceitful to others.
When I’m not lying about who I am or hurting other people with my actions.
It’s not a typical sexy.
It ll never grace the cover of a ladies magazine, it won’t land me on a best dressed or an enviable body list.
It isn’t likely to be sexy to anyone who uses the term sexy to describe something they’ve lusted after in a moment of fapable weakness.
It’s a sexy that makes me grateful for what I have, and what I don’t.
For what I’m able to do because I’ve learned that a woman like me has to prove herself.
I’m still proving myself.
And I’ll likely be doing it the rest of my life.
And that’s why I’m grateful for my “sexy.”
I probably shouldn’t tag this one with SST.
successful women who break molds don’t fit certain ideals and don’t give a fuck.
Men who play amazing music
I think I had hit a point where my own happiness as to where I was living had become just as important as my desire to be in the right place for my career. I thought I could try and make it work out here. And so I did.
I’m about to reblog my top 5 things that are Sexy to me because even though I have tons of fat girl lingerie i could post in, I haven’t shaved my legs or showered and neither of those bears itself to being slightly sexy so stay tuned for my Thursday SST’s.